If you have trouble finding your portable storage device (USB flash drive, external hard drive, etc.) on a Windows-based SAU computer, it is possible that the device is trying to use a drive letter which has already been taken by network settings. To check for this, try the following:
- Right-click the My Computer icon and choose Manage. Windows will launch the Computer Management window.
- Click on Disk Management under Storage. This will display the list of drive letters currently in use.
- Right-click the section displaying your removable drive (this will usually be F) and choose Change Drive Letters and Paths. This will launch a new window.
- Click Change and choose any drive letter from the drop-down list that is not already in use. Click OK to apply the change.
- Close the Computer Management window, then double-click the My Computer icon. Press the F5 key to refresh screen. The USB device should now be listed under Removable Storage.