There is a photocopy machine on each floor of the library. Copies cost 10 cents each. Copies printed from the computer workstations are free. Copies made from the microfiche reader/printers are free.
The White Library offers two options for color printing: a Hewlett-Packard Color Inkjet 960C and a Hewlett-Packard Color LaserJet 4500. This service is provided for use in the development of educational projects and materials. Both printers are connected to the computers located in the Teacher Education Computer lab in the Library Lower Level. You cannot use the color printers from any other computers in the Library. Both printers offer high quality printing at different prices.
Color Printer Locations
- HP Color InkJet (Teacher Education Computer Lab)
- HP Color LaserJet (Behind Library Circulation Desk)
Color Printing Charges
$.50/page for all users, including students, faculty, staff and public. The only exception is for Teacher Education student who are charged $.25/page for color printing in the Teacher Education Workroom.
Fees for color printing help defray the high cost of color print cartridges and toners. White Library will provide all printing supplies, including paper. There is a fee for all pages printed form the color printers, no exceptions! However, charges will be waived for any pages damaged due to a hardware problem (paper jam, toner low, smeared ink, etc.).
Procedures for Color Printing
LaserJet-using the LaserJet requires the following:
- Notify the Library Circulation Desk that you want to use the LaserJet and leave your ID card with Circulation staff.
- Return to the ED Lab computers and initiate copying. NOTE: You must select the correct printer, Color Laser, from the print que.
- User retrieves copies from Circulation Desk staff and pays for copies made. Color printer charges cannot be charged to student accounts.
a. Only copy pages with color to the Color LaserJet
b. Check your pages with Print Preview to make sure they are what you want.
c. To avoid paying the color print fee, send a test page to the black/white laser printer located near the Teacher Education Workroom.
d. If you are unsure or have any questions, please contact a Reference Librarian or Library Staff person.