Tutor Bios

David Kohns

My name is David, and I’m a Theological Studies and History double major with an English minor. (Yes, it is a lot, but I love it.) The thing these all have in common? Writing. Writing is not only a necessary part of life, but also something I am very passionate about. My goal whenever I’m helping someone with their writing is showing them how to embrace their passion, but still to be professional. I love being involved in music. I play in the jazz and concert bands and sing in the choir here at SAU. I read for pleasure every single day and strongly believe that being a good reader makes you a better writer. I love working with people one on one, and I can’t wait to see you in the Writing Center!

Libby Lorenz

I am majoring in both English and Biblical and Theological Studies, and as you might be able to guess, I adore words and language. Besides reading and writing, I spend most of my time daydreaming, listening to music, or talking with friends about whatever is on their mind (or talking at anyone who will listen about my favorite books). One of the things I love most about language is that it allows us to share our perspectives with other people and shift the way we see things. I can’t wait to share our perspectives with one another as we grow together at the Writing Center!

Lily Chalmers

My name is Lily Chalmers and I am a Secondary English Education major with a TSL minor. This will be my third year working at the Writing Center, and I’ve loved every minute. I’m definitely a bit of a nerd when it comes to editing! I love to read, sing along to musicals and Disney movies, and crochet a random assortment of hats, scarves, blankets, and lace. I do not love coffee, unnecessary physical activity, and that moment at the start of every overnight trip when I realize exactly what it was that I forgot to pack. I look forward to working with you on your papers this year!

Jaelynn Vert

My name is Jaelynn Vert and I am a senior here at SAU. I have an English Major, a History Minor, and a concentration in Secondary Education. I love learning about language and stories. I enjoy chocolate, Galapagos penguins, pick-up games of ultimate frisbee, playing acoustic guitar, and geocaching! I don’t care for cats or cake cones. This is my first semester in the writing center! I am so excited to help you to express yourself and communicate your ideas! Come on in and let’s see what we can do!